Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fun with Fall Colors

Fun with Fall Colors

Sorry to be absent for soooo long. Got really sidetracked.

I've been having a lot of fun with switching into some more fall oriented makeup colors and just wanted to share my thoughts on this with you.

The goal of makeup is to enhance and highlight your features. Apply certain colors in specific places to make your eyes pop, bring warmth to your cheeks, or spotlight great lips.

Take a look at a color wheel. Colors opposite your eye color will make your eyes stand out the most.

I've been having fun with the purples, dark blues, rosy reds. They work with many neutral colors to add contrast and create a great look. Also liking the metallics - silver, copper and gold. Apply your colors in different ways to create new looks.
For instance, I have a trio from Jane Iredale (Silver Lining from the Fall Collection) (
http://www.janeiredale.com/) that contains a dark charcoal, a shimmery silver, and dark shimmery purple. The colors can be light or intense depending on how you apply. With my light skin coloring I have to be careful how I apply these colors so I don't look washed out. And I had been using all three when I used them. I got a tip from a fantastic JI rep to try using the charcoal to create a smoky eye (applying the dark color from lash line to just the crease) and then blending a rosy pink/red into the crease. I loved this when I tried it. It added contrast and warmth. My new fave look. Something so simple that gave me a new look with my makeup colors.

I also tried to find a red lipstick. Always fascinated with women who wear red so well, I've tried and tried to find my red. Well, I think I succeeded. Just had to get the right one for my skin tone. Line your lips first and apply red lipstick carefully. I also like to brighter colors in lipgloss. It seems less intense when it's shimmery.

Different colored mascaras are a simple, fun way to change things up a bit. Blue eyes - try auburn or plum; brown eyes - try blue; green eyes - try plum.

The point is to be experimental. Take cue from the season - muted pinks, deep reds, dark green, browns. And as fall winds down and turns into winter, brighten up your days with gold, copper, or silver. Inspiration is all around us in the color of the leaves, clothes, a wrapped present, decorated Christmas tree.

Your fall homework? Have fun! Find your red and wear it confidently (see how much you get noticed), try a smoky eye look. If you want suggestions for colors or applications techniques, just ask. I'm happy to share!

And on a personal note...I was fortunate to have some opportunities (job wise) to consider this fall. After a lot of thought, I've taken the leap into the world of booth renting. I'm now my own boss in my own business (inside a business). You can now visit me at Amoré SkinSpa inside Amoré Salon and Spa. I'm grateful for this opportunity and am really excited to be working with such great people in a beautiful place. I offer different kinds of facials (focused on customization and results), waxing, and lash treatments in a down to earth spa setting.
I've chosen Osmosis Pur Medical Skin Care as my product line and very pleased with the choice. Having used it personally for almost a year and seeing great changes in my skin, I'm happy to be using it professionally and have the chance to see changes in others' skin.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Abby O.

www.abbyo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment