Friday, July 31, 2009

Me...

In this introductory blog, I'd like to, well, introduce myself. My name is Abby and I'm an esthetician. Estheticians can provide a wide range of services and knowledge to keep you and your skin looking healthy and beautiful. I do facials, waxing, makeup applications, and lash extensions. As it says in my profile, I love what I do and it can only get better.

More than a few years ago...

I was in college wrapped up in the psychology world but a few little twists(back with my parents) and turns(new boyfriend) here and there found me in a different world. The working world. My first real 8-5 job and after some time I knew there was something else for me. And esthetics became that something else. School was fun. Learning was -gasp!- fun...most of the time. I always enjoyed being in the treatment room doing whatever was on the books that day. It seems to give one a sense of control. I wonder how many other esthy's would agree with me...

I found a love for eyelash extensions at school. First in the form of cluster lashes, the little bunches of lashes knotted together that you can buy at any store, and then, having previously read about them, in the form of high quality individual lashes glued one by one to yours. Tedious and a bit difficult at times, I have finally gotten much more comfortable with the process and always love the result. Longer, beautiful lashes every time. Curious? I use NovaLash (the best in my (and many others) opinion). Check their website and drop me a line.

Back to the story...I loved school and when I was done, we moved to Springfield, MO, got my license and a couple months later I was working in Branson at a beautiful resort spa. Got some real experience, great experience with great people and a great product line but that came to an end and I found another little place actually in Springfield. A skincare salon-a place dedicated to skincare(an unusual thing in Springfield it seems). Offering unique treatments that are different than what I was used to, Face Gallery has allowed me a better schedule :) and the chance to get to know people in Springfield. I'm building my clientele - made easier by affordable and effective treatments - and always learning.

"About face" is a term used in the military but also means a total change in attitude or viewpoint. I've done an about face when it comes to skin care and what products I will or will not use since going to school.

We all need a change once in awhile (or more often if you wish) whether it's a new career, hair color, lip gloss or what we think about tanning (is it safe??). I'm not going to ask you to do an "about face" and change your mascara because I said another one is better. I just want to share my knowledge and give you something to chew on...a little food for thought as they say. And if you change your viewpoint about tanning (by the way, it's not safe) then OK. I will smile at that one but otherwise it is just my opinion - my educated, professional opinion ;-)

Next time...Lip Gloss-pure girlish fun in a tube. I have lots I want to talk about-this is what popped into my head. Comments, suggestions, and questions are welcome.
Thanks for reading!


Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment